Welcome to the Comic Book Alliance
The CBA is a not-for-profit organisation, primarily run by volunteers, dedicated to the promotion of British comic books, graphic novels, webcomics and sequential art in its many forms, and British-based and ex-pat comic creators—be they artists, writers, colourists, letterers or editors. The CBA is a completely non-partisan and impartial organisation.
The organisation arranges a wide range of activities from press launches, exhibitions, gallery shows, fund-raising events, educational programs, publications and other events, for professionals and the public.
The aims of the alliance are:
- To be the public face of the British comics industry and present a cohesive and unified voice while representing the needs of creators, editors, publishers, distributors and retailers, regardless of their individual specialised sectors whether it’s niche providers or huge retailers like Amazon.
- To promote the comic book industry in the UK and the medium of comics as a whole to the general public via educational and recreational events and initiatives.
- To help distribute comics in the UK and assist publishers with distribution concerns and problems.
- To help independent publishers and retailers survive and to grow.
- To address concerns about censorship.
- To offer support and legal advice and services to creators, retailers, publishers or individuals.
- To raise the funds to help achieve all of the above aims with fundraising events, publications and subscriptions.
- To form various strategic alliances with key organisations that are mutually beneficial to the aims of Comic Book Alliance.
- To promote the British comics industry abroad via international alliances with similar organisations.
- To supply sequential art services to educational and social schemes and various corporate and governmental agencies.